Homes that have carpeted floors give a dose of sophistication, comfort, and a wonderful warm ambiance. But to maintain these carpets, you need more money than you can imagine. Carpet maintenance companies have quite expensive prices that not everyone can afford. But we have some very good news for you, you can have both. You can also have clean carpets and a pocket full of money. You probably think that is not possible. Yes, it is possible, and today we will give you some tips on how you can do it.
- Avoid entering the home with shoes. This is one of the best tips you can get. Just imagine how much dirt you bring into the house if you walk in with the same shoes you were outside. If you stop doing this, you will be able to keep the carpets clean for a longer period of time. There will be no more stains of mud, earth, grass, and the like on them. Instead, make a rule that will apply to all members of the family, it is forbidden to enter the house with shoes on. It may be difficult to get others to do the same at first, but over time it will become a good habit. Or you can buy special slippers or sneakers that will be intended only for movement around the premises of the house.
- Vacuum constantly. To keep the carpets clean and fresh, they should be vacuumed regularly, especially if you have small children and pets in the home. We know very well how they can be quite careless, and spill liquids, food, or anything else on it. And we would not want this garbage to be deposited on the carpets. It is enough to clean the carpets at least once a week with a vacuum cleaner, they will shine, and after a week you will be able to repeat the cleaning.
- Clean the stains immediately. If you accidentally spill wine, juice, or food on the carpet, take immediate action and clean the stains. You can buy cleaners that are only intended for carpets, they are quite cheap and are available in every market. When pouring something on the carpet do not let it just leave it that way. If you do not fix the damage immediately, there may be a stain that you will have a hard time removing in the future. Keep carpet cleaners on hand at all times.
- Shake them from the dust. If you live in a house and have a huge yard, once a month you can take them out into the fresh air and shake them out of all the dust left on the carpet. You do not need much, and this is really the cheapest hack we know. All you need is a metal bar that will be placed in a horizontal line and that will be at least more than a meter above the surface. You will be able to transfer the carpet to this bar. And of course, you will need a wooden stick, such as a broomstick handle, or even better if you have a baseball bat. With the help of a baseball bat, you will hit the carpet, and all the dust will fall from it. You can do this at least once a month, or once every two months.
- Carpet cleaner. I will be eternally grateful to the one who invented this tool. Watch out now. All you need to do is run to the nearest market and buy a carpet cleaner. Choose someone who has a beautiful scent. Take a deeper bowl and put lukewarm water in it. Add the cleaning agent to the container according to the instructions on the bottle. Take a large sponge and start cleaning the carpets. Be careful not to leave too much water on the sponge when rinsing it in water. The trick is to squeeze the sponge and drain most of the water from it, then gently run it over the carpet with the sponge. When done, allow drying slightly. You will immediately notice the change, the carpet looks cleaner and spreads a beautiful scent throughout the room.
- Wash it yourself. Instead of spending huge sums of money to get someone to come and clean it up, you can do it yourself. Lay the carpet in the yard on a marble or concrete surface, just avoid the lawn. The tools you need to wash it yourself are just a water hose, a carpet detergent and a broom that is special for washing carpets. Wet the whole carpet with water, pour the detergent on top and start cleaning it with the brush. Then rinse again with water, and finally hang it on a metal bar to dry in the sun.
I hope that these tips will fit perfectly in your daily activities and you will be able to keep the carpets clean and fresh. But sometimes it would be nice to ask for help from professionals who you will call and clean your carpets for a great amount of money. Our warm recommendation is to contact proluxcleaning.co.uk. They have been working with this for a long time and have a range of satisfied clients. They practice steam cleaning which is much better than various cleaning with chemical products that can damage the carpet. You can also look at the price list on the website, and you will notice that the prices for their service are quite favorable. One of the many positives about them is that they are always accurate, arrive on time, eco-friendly, certified, and always ask if you are satisfied with their service.
It does not take much to keep the carpets clean and fragrant in the home. Either you can do it yourself and save some money, or you can call for help and pay someone else to clean them thoroughly for you. In any case, whatever option you decide on, the most important thing is that at the end of the day you will have a clean carpet on which you can lie down freely and admire its softness and cleanliness.