Ravi Shankar Prasad Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Caste, Biography and More – WikiBio
Ravi Shankar Prasad is Indian politician with one lawyer. He is an upper house member representing Bihar. Let us find out some more interesting details about Ravi Shankar Prasad’s life, his family, biography and other facts.
Ravi Shankar Prasad was born on August 30, 1954 (65; same as 2018) in Patna, Bihar, India. He holds a BA (Hons) and MA in Political Science from Patna University. In addition, he completed a Bachelor of Laws degree from Patna University. While at the University, he was appointed Assistant Secretary of the Student Union and a member of the Senate, Faculty of Arts and Law. He is a member of the Finance Committee of Patna University. As a student, he was also associated with Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad and held various positions in the organization.
In 1975, in an emergency, Ravi Shankar was arrested for protesting against the government of Indira Gandhi. He is also an activist for human rights and civil liberties. In 1980, he started his legal career at the Patna High Court. Nominated as a member of the National Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference in 1995 Bharatiya Janata Party since the past 20 years. In 1999, he was appointed as Senior Advocate of Patna High Court.
In 2000, Ravi Shankar was appointed Senior Advocate of the Supreme Court. He fought PIL against then Bihar CM Lalu Prasad Yadav in a feed scam. He has represented the gods in Ayodhyaram temple proceedings before the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court and has argued in many of the more high profile cases.
family, wife and caste
Ravi Shankar was born in a Kayastha hindu family To the late Thakur Prasad and Bimla Prasad. His father, Thakur Prasad, was a lawyer in the Patna High Court and a former chairman of Bihar’s Bharatiya Jan Sangh, a political branch of the RSS, which was later reorganized as Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP).
Ravi Shankar has two older sisters, Pratibha and Sujata, and a younger sister, Anuradha Prasad (Managing Director, News 24).
On February 3, 1982, Ravi Shankar married Maya Shankar, a history professor and historian at Patna University. The couple are fortunate to have a son Aditya (a lawyer) and a daughter Aditi.
In 2000, Ravi Shankar was elected to the Rajya Sabha Assembly of Bihar. In 2001, during Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s tenure as Prime Minister, he became Minister of State (Coal and Mines) and a member of the BJP National Convenor’s Legal Group. In 2002, he was appointed Minister of State at the Ministry of Law and Justice. That same year, he amended the “Representation of the People Act” bill to end the criminalization of politics. He also took the initiative to help people get justice quickly. Furthermore, in 2003, he became the Minister of State for the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. He initiated the venture capital and good marketing of Indian films, the reform of radio and television.
In 2006, Ravi Shankar was appointed as National Spokesperson Member of the Bharatiya Janata Party and re-elected as MP for the second term of the Rajya Sabha. He is a Finance Member of the Parliamentary Standing Committee and the Advisory Committee of the Foreign Office. In 2010,He was elected All India General Secretary and Chief National Spokesperson of the BJP. In 2012, he was re-elected to the third upper house of parliament and nominated as deputy leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the upper house. Therefore, in 2016, he was appointed by the Government of India as the Union Minister of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and the Ministry of Law and Justice.
Back home after being elected as Rajya Sabha, my mother gave me her love and blessings.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . pic.twitter.com/A8HsWG5nkO
— Ravi Shankar Prasad (@rsprasad) March 15, 2018
In the 2019 Lok Sabha election, he won the vote against MP Shatrughan Sinha from Bihar’s Patna Sahib constituency by 2,78,198 votes.
- In 2005, at an election meeting, Ravi Shankar Prasad was hit in the left arm by a lone gunman who broke into the podium where the BJP leader was. The accused, identified as Munna Rai, was later lynched by BJP supporters after the attempted assassination of Ravi. However, doctors declared Ravi Shankar out of danger.
- In 2017, at the Mindmine Summit organized by Heroes, Ravi Shankar pointed out that Muslims would not vote for the BJP even if the government gave them “proper sanctity”. This is to answer questions related to developments that have an impact on culture and diversity.
Ravi Shankar owns a Toyota Fortuner SUV, Honda Accord, Scorpio SUV and a Honda City car. As in 2014, he owns around Rs 8 crore in bonds, bonds and stocks, and jewellery worth Rs 1.7 lakh. He lives in the 21-year-old Mother Teresa Crescent, New Delhi.
net worth and deposits
As in 2014, Ravi Shankar has fixed deposits in banks worth Rs 8 crore. His net worth is around Rs 180 crore.
- In 2006, Ravi Shankar represented India at the 61st United Nations General Assembly in New York.
- He took steps to set Goa as the hub of the Indian Film Festival.
- In April 2002, he represented India at the Non-Aligned Ministerial Conference in Durban, South Africa.
- He was also a member of the Indian delegation to the Commonwealth Law Ministers Summit in St Vincent, West Indies.
- He actively participated in Hindi and English debating competitions during his college days and received many honours in state and national debating competitions.
- He led the Indian delegation to the London, Venice and Cannes Film Festivals.
- He helped facilitate e-commerce in India.
- He launched an $18 billion plan to bring about a “digital revolution” and expand broadband internet to help reach some 250,000 villages by 2016.
- His hobbies include reading.
Check more articles in our categories Celebrity & News ou encore Wiki.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Ravi Shankar Prasad Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Caste, Biography and More – WikiBio
, help us and share the article on Facebook, pinterest and e-mail with the hashtags ☑️ #Ravi #Shankar #Prasad #Wiki #Age #Wife #Family #Caste #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!