Sania Mirza Wiki, Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Children, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
Sania Mirza is an Indian tennis player. She is the recipient of the Padma Shri, Arjuna Award and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award. She is one of the highest-paid and best-known athletes in India.
Sania Mirza was born on November 15, 1986 (Age 35; as of 2021) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
She moved to the United States with her family when she was 4 years old and returned to India 2 years later. Sania and her sister grew up in Hyderabad. She attended Nasr School in Hyderabad and went to St Mary’s College to pursue her degree. Mirza passed the SSC exam with 63% in the first level. At the age of 6, she started playing tennis. Initially, she was mentored by her father, Imran Mirza, but later she joined the Nizam Club in Hyderabad for training. As a junior player, Sarnia won 10 singles and 13 doubles. In 2008, Mirza was awarded an Honorary Doctor of Letters by MGR Education and Research Institute, Chennai. Besides tennis, she is also good at cricket and swimming. After training professionally in tennis at Sinnet Tennis Academy in Secunderabad, Mirza moved to Ace Tennis Academy in the US.
Height (approximately): 5′ 8″
hair color: dark brown
eye color: dark brown
family, caste and husband
Sania Mirza belongs to sunni muslim family and follow Islam. Her father Imran Mirza is a former sports journalist who runs a sports magazine called “Sports Call” in Hyderabad. Later, he ventured into the printing industry and later became a builder. Her mother’s name is Nasima Mirza. She has a younger sister, Anam Mirza, owner of the fashion brand “The Label Bazaar”.
Sania is engaged to her childhood friend, businessman Sohrab Mirza, but unfortunately, due to some misunderstandings, they part ways.
Sania has a relationship with Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik. The couple married after five months of courtship. They have a son, Izhaan Mirza Malik, born in October 2018.
Sania Mirza started her tennis career at the AP Hyderabad Tourism Open in 2003, where she had a tough first-round match against Nicole Pratt but lost in three sets. Subsequently, she defeated Svetlana Kuznetsova, Vera Zvonareva, Marion Bartoli; and former world number one Martina Hingis, Di Nora Safina and Victoria Azarenka. Sarnia went further and teamed up with Alyssa Klebanova to win the 2003 Wimbledon Championships in women’s doubles. She then reached the semifinals of the 2003 U.S. Open Women’s Doubles. By mid-2007, Sania was ranked 27th in the world in singles. However, a serious wrist injury forced her to abandon her singles career to focus on the doubles title. In 2009, she won her first Grand Slam with Mahesh Bhupathi at the Australian Open. Later, she won two Grand Slams at the French Open and the US Open. During her career, she won a total of 6 Grand Slam titles.
In 2013, she became the first South Asian woman to become a UN Goodwill Ambassador for South Asia. The following year, Sania was named Telangana State’s brand ambassador. She even endorses brands like Vita, Adidas and Sprite.
In 2015, Sarnia won Wimbledon with Swiss tennis player Martina Hingis. She also won the WTA first place in the women’s doubles event. Mirza has won a total of 14 medals, including six gold medals in the three major sporting events of the Commonwealth Games, Asian Games and Asian-African Games.
On January 18, 2020, Sarnia made a successful return to the WTA Tour with Ukraine’s Nadia Kichenok at the Hobart International Tour, winning her 42nd WTA Tag Team title, also since 2017. Her first title since winning the women’s doubles in Brisbane in 2009. This is how she became a mother. Mirza announces she will hang up her racket at the end of the 2022 season due to her body “Wearing ‘out’” and the drive and energy needed to continue her game is not the same. She said,
My body is wearing down. My knee was really sore today, I’m not saying that’s why we lost, but I do think it takes time to recover as we get older. It also allows me to find the motivation to come out every day, and the energy is no longer the same. Right now, it’s there, but some days I don’t want to. I keep saying I’m going to play until I enjoy that grind, enjoy the process, not just win, but you have to enjoy the process, and I’m not sure I’ll enjoy it again. “
- In 2006, some newspapers claimed that Mirza denied playing doubles with Israeli tennis player Shahar Pell out of fear of protests from the Indian Muslim community. Later, however, she teamed up with Pell on the 2007 WTA Tour in Stanford, California.
- In 2008, a lawyer filed a lawsuit against Sarnia, accusing her of disrespecting the flag. After receiving huge criticism for her actions, Mirza announced that she would no longer be playing tennis in her home country.
- In 2009, Sania got engaged to her childhood friend Sohrab Mirza. However, she caused controversy when her engagement broke down that same year.
- When Rohan Bopanna and Mahesh Bhupathi refused to compete with Leander Pars in the men’s doubles at the 2012 Olympics, Paes asked Sania to be his mixed doubles partner. Sarnia then accused the All India Tennis Association (AITA) of using her as “bait” to keep Leander happy. In the end, the two lost in the mixed doubles quarterfinals.
- Sarnia was photographed breaking the dress code during the opening parade of the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- Mirza is often sarcastically referred to as “Pakistan’s daughter-in-law” because he is the wife of Pakistani cricketer Shayb Malik.
- In June 2019, Sania engaged in a spat with Pakistani actress Veena Malik on Twitter. When Mirza posted a video of her son, husband and several members of the Pakistan cricket team in Sheesha, Veena commented: “Sania, I’m really worried about this kid. You guys took him to a sheesha place, it’s not Is it dangerous? As far as I know, Archie’s is all about junk food and it’s not good for athletes/boys. You’re a mother and an athlete yourself, you must know that?” Sarnia got angry after reading her comment , and replied that she cared more about her son than anyone else.
Awards and Honors
- WTA Rookie of the Year (2005)
- Rajiv Gandhi Helle Ratner (2015)
- Padmasambhava (2016)
- 2016 NRI Annual Awards, New Delhi Global Icon of the Year (2016)
- 11 May 2020 Confederations Cup Heart Award – first Indian to win the award
Her net worth is estimated at $8 million.
Sania’s car collection includes a Fiat Palio, Toyota Supra, BMW, Porsche and Range Rover signed by Sachin Tendulkar.
- food: Hyderabad Biryani
- Movie: Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, Phool Aur Kaante, Mohra, Maine Pyaar Kiya, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- tennis player: Roger Federer, Martina Hingis
- perfume: purple light, sweet
- destination: London, Paris, Thailand
- Her hobbies include swimming and traveling.
- According to Google Trends, Sania was the most searched Indian athlete in 2010.
- Mirza is a big fan of tennis player Steffi Graf.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- She likes cats very much.
- Sania is a movie buff and according to her, she has seen the movie “Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham” over 30 times.
- At 15, Sania had some major victories in Delhi, Hyderabad, Pune and Manila, Philippines.
- In 2014, a decree was issued in her name against her attire on the tennis court.
- Sarnia is a close friend of Bollywood director and producer Farah Khan.
- Sarnia is the first Indian tennis player to earn more than $1 million.
- She has appeared on the covers of various magazines, including Verve, Time Magazine, Outlook Splurge, and Better Homes and Gardens.
- Sarnia is the first Indian woman to win the WTA tennis title. From 2003 to 2013, she was also named India’s No. 1 player.
- When Sania went through the struggling stages of her life, it was Adidas that sponsored her workouts, and the sporty lady gave back to the company by being one of its brand ambassadors.
- She stepped up the ramp for fashion designer Moni Agarwal at IIJW.
- Her friends and family affectionately call her Sam.
- Sania lives in a house in the movie Nagar, Hyderabad.
- Mirza received his initial training in tennis from Mahesh Bhupati’s father, CK Bhupati.
- Sarnia has the opportunity to represent India at the 2008 Summer Olympics. However, she was eliminated from the singles due to a right wrist injury. Injuries further led her to withdraw from various other tournaments such as the French Open and the U.S. Open Grand Slam.
- On June 7, 2012, Sania Mirza won the French Open mixed doubles title with Mahesh Bhupathi.
- In 2014, Sarnia was appointed by the state government as a Telangana State Brand Ambassador.
- That same year, Mirza became the first South Asian woman to be appointed as UN Women’s South Asia Goodwill Ambassador.
- Sania Mirza teamed up with Swiss legend Martina Hingis for major victories, including the history-making Family Circle Cup; making Mirza the first Indian to rank world No. 1 in the WTA doubles rankings. After being asked about her victory, Mirza said –
It is every child’s dream to be number one in the world one day. “
- Her father, Imran Mirza, revealed in an interview that every member of his family had played cricket at some point in their…
Find more articles in our categories Celebrity & News ou encore Wiki.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Sania Mirza Wiki, Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Children, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, twitter and e-mail with the hashtags ☑️ #Sania #Mirza #Wiki #Height #Age #Boyfriend #Husband #Children #Family #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!